Random Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Random Rp

Just a place to gather and have fun role-playing with your friends

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Kyarako

Our users have posted a total of 3770 messages in 70 subjects
Text based RP
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm by DarkHeart
Uhm, so I want to do an RP based on text RPGs, as in your put into the world and you type in commands, if you've ever heard of Zork that is one of the examples. I don't think I would care what the …

Comments: 2
Keywords
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 pm
Latest topics
» Persona: Chaotic Soul
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 am by Darvis

» Brunswik Stazh
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 am by Darvis

» Digital Age
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 am by Darvis

» Winter's Night
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:48 am by Darvis

» Order of the Nine Stars
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 am by DarkHeart

» (Mild Spoilers) Hearts Intertwined (So not cannon)
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 3:46 am by DarkHeart

» Order of the Nine Stars Character Sheets
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:46 am by Kyarako

» The Poison Assassin
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:31 am by Darvis

» Mass Effect: World Bound
Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm by DarkHeart

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Slayer of Demons, Enter...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darvis

Darvis

Slayer of Demons, Enter... Empty
PostSubject: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 am

Okay so. Nick and I were discussing making a Demon's Souls inspired RP. Herein lies the discussion of details of said RP.

I guess I should add the synopsis here.

Boletaria was once close to a utopia. The kingdom flourished with the help of the Soul Arts. The magic of legend became commonplace, but such things do not come free. The Soul Arts are exactly as they sound: Abilities fueled by the power of Souls. And where do these Souls come from, you ask?

Why, living things, of course.

The Soul is the essence of life. King Allant, being the great ruler he was, sought to further allow his kingdom to prosper and left to seek out greater Soul power to bring back. However, he found much more than that.

He found the Nexus, and with it, the Old One.

Beneath this gathering place of Souls slept an ancient beast with an insatiable hunger for Souls. However, having such a hunger, it was also the greatest repository of Souls to have ever existed. What greater place to bring them from but this reservoir? So, he awakened the Old One, and it offered him the Souls - and power - he sought. But what he did not expect, was how the overwhelming power, just a fraction of what the Old One fully possessed, would corrupt his body, just as his being was. And so he was replaced by a doppelganger, under whom the kingdom began to crumble. And just around this time, a fog swept across the land, bringing Demons with it: Powerful monstrosities that only gathered strength with each being it killed, absorbing more and more souls.

However, Vallarfax of the legendary Twin Fangs broke out of the fog, and warned the world of the impending danger. Boletaria was flooded by ambitious adventurers, looking to either become a hero of legend, or become a Demon of unfathomable power.

This all takes place after what we'll be playing out.

Whether our kingdom is Boletaria or not, no land is ever truly at peace. The Soul Arts have become a common occurrence, and while some entities - such at the Church - seek to protect itself from the heresies of Sorcery, the majority of the population accepts the benefits that come with the practitioners of the Soul Arts. Knight, commoner, or adventurer, every subject of the kingdom struggles with their own problems, and here we seek to explore them and the world in which they take place. Whether fending off armies, raiding strongholds of rival kings, or exploring the uncharted lands that surround them, there is no shortage of danger.

So, what are you waiting for? There's a world of trouble. Let's figure it out.

Last edited by Darvis on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added synopsis)
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 pm

I guess our first question should be where we're going to have this take place. It would be easy to do Boletaria since it's already established, but we'd have a lot more flexibility if we made our own. Ideas?
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 11:35 pm

I have an idea for an area of my own, but the main thing I need to know is if we are going to be traveling through the city ala Dark Soul/Bloodborne where it is all one single interconnected area, or ala Demon's Souls where we magically transport ourselves there with magic. If we go through similar to DkS/BB then I will have to design a larger area and probably some outskirts if we are feeling extermely dangerous, and I have no problem with that since I do it on a daily basis anyway.

The second is what would we do for important characters, I actually think it would be cool if I put up some sheets for proper big characters/bosses and if you where interested enough they could be played by you. Also if you don't want to RP 5 characters I could write them in as some sort boss/really-manipulative-bastard-bad-ass-man-antagonist but you would have to choose who you would want to do that and I think I would limit you to 2 characters then.
Back to top Go down
https://randomrp.forumotion.com
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:17 am

Most likely a continuous world. Teleportation even in-game is dangerous and limited; we can only teleport to designated locations (archstones and bonfires) and even then we can't do it at will without a miracle/item (Evacuate or Homeward/Homeward Bone). We would likely have outskirts where the peasantry lives, susceptible to bandit raids and whatnot.

I'll keep my characters together; they wouldn't be antagonists on their own. They're already a group, so if one were to be an antagonist then chances are all of them would be. I can handle 5. To keep clutter down I'll just take some out of action (ie. scouting ahead, shopping for supplies on their own, covering the back during battles). I'll do 2 or 3 max at a time.

Imagine something like the city being the central hub for our characters. We can have smaller towns dotted about for simpler supplies and little side-story things, some might even have knight outposts if they're big enough. But for the most part we'll be stocking up and such in the main city.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 3:46 am

Slayer of Demons, Enter... This_i10
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 pm

So I'm trying to like build this world for the Demons Souls RP So I'm trying to think of a way to make this world become a shit hole Soul arts are probably going to be a major cause of it So I'm thinking that an obsession of these arts coming from some of the really important people should help to destabilize this kingdom But then I feel like something else needs to be around, in demons souls we had demons in the colorless fog, dark souls had hollows, bloodborne will have the diseased population

From a conversation on the Facebook,  but yeah, I feel some sort of overall that type thing that we can either combat or witness the rise of. What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:19 pm

We could have the area descend into some kind of madness like Boletaria. I guess it'd be kind of like a predecessor or something. The only problem is that it can't be the same colourless fog because Allant is supposed to be the one who awakens the Old One and causes it. It'd have to be something else. Hm... If Soul Arts are powered by Souls, what if use of the Soul Arts becomes so prominent that they begin to run out of Souls to power them? Then the 'important people' of the kingdom would be trying to secure what remains for themselves, leaving everyone else to struggle without it.

It would open up a pretty interesting morality choice. Do we help them take the remaining Soul power for themselves, or do we try and find a new source of Souls? If we do the latter, how do we go about it? Find some kind of reservoir, like the Nexus? Start a tradition of ritualistic slaughtering to release more Souls, which are then captured and used to fuel the Soul Arts?
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Yeah, being around at the start of a descent into madness could be interesting. I also have a soft spot for soul drained people being our foes in some way. Will have to think about that. Anything else interesting you want me to think about for this world?
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:25 am

Perhaps, but I'd imagine soul-starved people would be far and few between, and those who are would either be hidden away or imprisoned for trying to, y'know, murder people for souls. Hm, other interesting things? I guess, where does it fit in to the world at large? This isn't the only kingdom, after all. I just had an idea for my chars to be emissaries from their land, so maybe we could have a bit of inter-kingdom intrigue happening there. Not directly of course, but referenced. Maybe go on some missions to other places, and it's up to us to build relations or something by doing their leaders favours.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Aye, having the brunt of the story about the kingdom we are in will probably happen though, I think I'll be focusing on the effects of soul artes and the study of souls as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer of Demons, Enter...   Slayer of Demons, Enter... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer of Demons, Enter...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Rp :: Other Things :: Random Things-
Jump to: