Random Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Random Rp

Just a place to gather and have fun role-playing with your friends

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Kyarako

Our users have posted a total of 3770 messages in 70 subjects
Text based RP
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm by DarkHeart
Uhm, so I want to do an RP based on text RPGs, as in your put into the world and you type in commands, if you've ever heard of Zork that is one of the examples. I don't think I would care what the …

Comments: 2
Keywords
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 pm
Latest topics
» Persona: Chaotic Soul
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 am by Darvis

» Brunswik Stazh
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 am by Darvis

» Digital Age
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 am by Darvis

» Winter's Night
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:48 am by Darvis

» Order of the Nine Stars
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 am by DarkHeart

» (Mild Spoilers) Hearts Intertwined (So not cannon)
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 3:46 am by DarkHeart

» Order of the Nine Stars Character Sheets
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:46 am by Kyarako

» The Poison Assassin
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:31 am by Darvis

» Mass Effect: World Bound
Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm by DarkHeart

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Winter's Night

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

Winter's Night - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 9:34 pm

"I saved her when she tried to escape from slave traders, I only had a few days to get to know her before she ran once more from our encampment." Ferrien seemed to ignore Yosa'Min's statement and answered Darvis' question before addressing her, "She has a strong tendency to hold things from people when she doesn't want them hurt, its the first thing I learned."
Back to top Go down
https://randomrp.forumotion.com
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Darvis narrowed his eyes further. "Then you, of all people, should know why sharing such details is a mistake. Unless you often ignore your lessons?" He turned brusquely and continued walking towards the inn. He has a loose tongue. It would be wise not to reveal too much to this Lieutenant. But Yosa'Min is right. The time for secrets to end must be soon, or it might tear us all apart.
Back to top Go down
Phoenixsoul

Phoenixsoul

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Yosa'Min suddenly had an overwhelming sensation, her face paling as everything swirled with dark vision and she rushed into the inn, only to make it as far as three steps before she bent over and vomited. "Oh no..." she muttered before her stomach rejected the contents of it, and she struggled to find a bucket.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:01 am

Sanaria looked over at Yosa'Min as she burst into the inn, kicking a bucket over to her as she witnessed the poor drunkard scrambling around for one. She looked around for Darvis and Ferrien, 'He's probably told them everything, but he doesn't understand that things aren't like that anymore...I don't need someone to protect me.' She looked over to Yosa'Min once more. "What has Ferrien said." The words were direct.
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 am

Darvis followed close behind Yosa'Min, and left her to sort out her issues. He looked at Sanaria, then over his shoulder towards the door of the inn. He waved her towards one of the rooms. "Come, I'll tell you." He started walking towards the indicated room.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 2:15 am

Sanaria followed him into the indicated room and took a seat on the bed, looking to him as he entered. "So I assume he's told you everything?"
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 2:33 am

Darvis looked at Sanaria. "That depends on what you mean by everything." He broke eye contact and peered out the door. "He said that he helped you escape when you were captured." He paused, then looked Sanaria in the eye. "He also said that you tend to keep things to yourself, when you don't want others to be hurt."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Sanaria turned her eyes to the floor, "He would not be...entirely incorrect. Some things I'm sure people would not want to know if it only put them in danger." She shifted her weight around and brought one of her legs onto the bed, wrapping her arms around it. "I already feel terrible to have gotten our friends in danger, not to mention of Yosa'Min. Ferrien likewise was someone kept in the dark."
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 1:36 am

Darvis nodded slowly. "I understand what it means to want to protect people through omission. But, at this point..." He peered around. "We're dealing with groups that operate in the shadows. It's dangerous to keep secrets from each other now, because they will want to exploit that."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Sanaria's eyes wandered over, catching his and simply staring for a moment. "Truly I wish I knew more, that my secrets could change the story unfolding now...but if it would put your mind at ease I would tell you my story, at least what I know." The words came out of mouth stunted, as if she had to ponder each word before it reached him.
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Darvis met Sanaria's eyes and paused, thinking. Finally, he shook his head. "No. You can't share your story out of someone else's need. It will become another story altogether, tailored to put them at ease." He stood, and smiled. "I have my own secrets and stories, you know. Maybe, when you're ready, we can swap stories."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Sanaria dropped her gaze momentarily, she so wanted to take his offer, to retreat into her own solace once more. She almost left their conversation at that, but something stayed her mind, steeled her resolve. "No, there will never be a moment when I am ready, and there may never be another moment for me to give this to you." She rejoined his gaze, "I want you to know, I want you to experience what I've been through." Her words were filled with the same resolve she showed on the battle field.
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 1:08 am

Darvis held her gaze for a few moments before nodding. He sat next to Sanaria, and met her eyes again. "Okay." He nodded, motioning for her to begin. "I'm listening."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 4:26 am

Sanaria nodded, dropping her leg to the floor and rested her hands on her knees, "Truth be told I do not remember everything clearly, much of those four years has joined in my head, and if you wanted the whole story you would do well to speak to Ferrien, as I believe I told him all of it with a clear head when he rescued me." She looked off for a second, as if recalling the memories to the front of her mind.
"I shall start from the beginning, I was not raised here in Skyrim, but in Cyrodiil, my family was contented, but as much as I could tell in my few years with them they were avoided at best and at worst shunned." Sanaria gulped a small bit, remembering this time when she had no fear in her mind and no fighting to save her life.
"I lived this easy life until sixteen years had passed with me on this world, my parents were truly happy to have a daughter as I and a son to continue their name, surely this would be a wonderful life to live I believed." She looked toward Darvis with a warm look in her eyes, it quickly soured as she remembered the next part of her story. "The one thing I can remember most clearly was the attack, it happened on the day of our harvest festival, our village was nothing of note if I can remember correctly, a small farming settlement near the mountains, but these raiders cared little about what was to gain, only if there was even a small trifle to be had. During the attack my brother and parents where cut down." She looked toward the floor her eyes began to glisten over with tears but she shut them away, opening them only when she was content she could continue. "In the commotion I had picked up a pitchfork and attempted to spear the bandits before they could do my family harm, and in that endeavor I failed. The raiders struck me to the floor, and the last sight of my home was it lit in flames."
She sighed, the sight had ironically been burned into her memory and had last been brought to mind when seeing her home in Whiterun reduced to rubble. "Do you have any questions so far?" She wanted to make sure that she hadn't rambled out all of the information incoherently.
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:51 am

Darvis shook his head. "None. I suppose that was when you were brought to Skyrim." He met Sanaria's eyes, then looked down. "All I remember about my home was that it was a small village on the mainland of Morrowind. We lived on the coast; on clear days, we could see Vvardenfell." He peered back into Sanaria's eyes, the normal sharpness in them gone. "Someone decided to make me their enemy, and framed me for theft from one of the most prominent men of the village. I was whisked away to Vvardenfell, and spent some time there. I found my way up to Solstheim and was captured by slavers looking for fresh meat. That's how I got to Skyrim."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Sanaria closed her eyes for a second. "I see, so you too have felt their burn...But I'm afraid it wasn't as simple a sojourn to Skyrim as that. The raiders had decided that they enjoyed my attempt against them and took me as a prisoner, all the while they told me how beautiful my face was and the good price I would fetch if they found a suitable buyer." She shuddered for a moment, remembering for a moment all that she had lost in an instant. "I tried to escape a few times before the first time they sold me, but I had no success. The men found me every time and threw me back into the cage. Then they would...try to beat some sense into me, claiming if my face was left untouched they had lost nothing." Her gaze hit the floor, unable to meet this man she called her companion. "They weren't wrong, soon they found a buyer, a wealthy man who lived in a secluded house in a remote area of Cyrodiil. I was taken to him and forced into his household as a...a slave of sorts." A single tear fell from her face as she remembered the incident. "I had what little purity I had left stolen from me in that night. I didn't give up trying to escape though, I had decided that the next time he took me into his chambers I would...kill him and escape. That moment never arrived though, the raiders took him for a fool, learning where his house stood and all the valuables in it they attacked it, cutting down the people who lived there and taking what they pleased." Sanaria chuckled lightly, the emotion one heard from it betrayed it's true meaning, it was a laugh without hope. "They stole me away once more, saying how wonderfully the plan worked, and that they must use it once more. That is the last I can remember clearly from those years, from sixteen years of age I was used in this manner, until I stood twenty years old." She sighed and lifted a hand up to her neck, touching the large scar that encircled it. "The...demons...who kept me chained up had taken many precautions to make sure I would not escape, they had tied my arms up and fitted a collar around my neck, but I remember vaguely that night...It was a miracle in my head. There was...a piece of metal jutting from the cage...I carved the rope away as much as I could, and then I made noise." Her words were halting, and she appeared to be trying to remember it clearly. "I made noise so the guard would come in, yes, he would try to beat me to stay quiet, but I leaped at him and tried to strangle him with that rope." Her face grew pallid, and the color began to drain. "I had to grab his knife, and...and...stabbed him, so many times. He fell over, I lay on top of him, the face of a dead man stared at me, the man I killed." She stared quietly for a moment before speaking once more. "I ran, I ran as long as my legs could take me, for I knew the way out by now I think...I do not remember making it out, perhaps I'm still in there and this is all a dream." Her face twisted into a cruel smile. "All I can remember is running, and then I fell. I awoke to a man named Ferrien taking care of my wounds, my neck had been bandaged, and they were trying to soothe the pain. He told me everything would be fine and that I was safe, I felt safe for a few days as well, deluding myself into security. But those damned men, those dark creatures who would follow me to no end, they attacked that camp, and I fled once more. For six years I moved around Cyrodiil, leaving whenever I heard or saw someone coming after me, and eventually I ended up in Skyrim. I believe you know the rest of my tale." Her hands, no her entire body shook as she seemed unable to remain still, the memories in her head were fleeting but all the more terrifying for her.
Back to top Go down
Kyarako

Kyarako

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 10:39 pm

In the main area of the inn, a shouting match between two of the patrons of the inn suddenly began. "You backstabbing carpet! I paid you to do a job and you come back to me with it half done."

Ta'Larin silently sighed as she flicked the hood of her cloak down so she could glare at the nord that was now yelling at her. "I did what was asked. Anymore, and I would have to raise the cost for my services." The khajiit growled lowly, baring her teeth at the nondescript man. "Of course, if you continue to refuse to give me the second half of my pay, I could leave now and give some information to someone else, interested in me forgetting about the second half of my job. After all, I know how to hide my name from the shadows that follow me."Ta'Larin smiled as she turned to leave.

The man sat back down into his seat, lowering his voice. "Fine. Take it, leave me out of any of your other deals, and don't come back." The man dropped a small pouch that clunk when it hit the table.

Ta'Larin turned back to the table, and swiftly grabbed the pouch. "A pleasure, for the business." She purred as she then continue out the inn's doors, flicking her cloak's hood over her head again.  
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 2:32 am

Darvis nodded slowly. "I... I see. I'm sorry." He looked away. "I suppose I was fortunate enough to have never been used in such a manner. Not that it was a pleasant life. I had to survive on the streets of various cities in Vvardenfell. It wasn't a pleasant life, having to brave the storms traveling form city to city, having to fight off the wildlife with bare hands. That's why I learned Magick, you know. It was my only tool to defend myself." He looked back up. "But there's... Something else. I was making my way past--" He was interrupted by yelling coming from through the door. "What's going on out there?" He shot to his feet and stepped out through the door, watching the exchange between the Khajiit and inn patron with interest. He let out a huff of amusement as the man conceded.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 11:50 pm

Sanaria snapped out of her trance and stood up, not quite feeling herself though she leaned against Darvis, watching the happening unfurling before them. "What do you think is going on?" She whispered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Kyarako

Kyarako

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 am

As Ta'Larin stepped out of the inn, she gazed up at the setting sun. "It's almost time I go set up my camp." She murmured, just as her stomach growled at her. Stupid Men, refusing to give anything to a Khajiit. She thought in contempt. Ta'Larin began jogging down the main street towards the main exit out of the city.
Back to top Go down
Darvis

Darvis

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:18 am

Darvis looked to Sanaria and tilted his head in lieu of a shrug. "A disagreement between a Khajiit and her employer." He huffed in amusement once more. "I've had my fair share of those discussions, from both sides."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:27 am

"Hm, then I guess we shouldn't pry anymore into their business. Perhaps we should check on Yosa." Her trembling hadn't fully subsided but she had braced herself against the Dunmer in order to keep him from worrying about her current health, they had other worries to hold their attention for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Phoenixsoul

Phoenixsoul

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Yosa'Min was, to say the least, not feeling very well. Her head was still buried in a bucket and she was giving off soft, terribly pathetic sounds with each painful cough that racked her body. She'd already emptied her stomach of its contents, but it was determined to continue emptying itself into the bucket. She moaned, pushing away from the bucket and the nauseous smell that was only making her degrade further into sickness. She hadn't been lying about the effects of the 'soberizing' potion she'd taken. As the shouts erupted between the khajiit and the man, Yosa'Min was hardly even awake. Muttering under her breath about the noise, she leaned her head against the wooden wall of the inn and closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kyarako

Kyarako

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:42 am

As Ta'Larin stepped outside the city's gates, she scanned the wilderness for a clear space that she could set up camp in. Seeing one not that far from the entrance to Solitude, Ta'Larin walked over and began to organize her supplies into a camp. As she had finished starting her fire, she heard someone walking towards her camp. Ta'Larin slowed in her preparations, listening for when the person who was sneaking on her to come closer. When they were close enough, Ta'Larin pounced on them, her claws at the ready.

"Hello, cursed child." A khajiit had calmly spoken, who had been standing behind the man she had subdued under her. The man was staring at Ta'Larin's claws warily.

Ta'Larin stood up, backing away from her "guests." She had recognize the khajiit as one of the ones who had been part of a caravan she had momentarily travel with a few months ago. His name was Cal'vern, if she remembered right. "What is it you want?" She growled out at the man specifically.

The man sat up, and only stared dumbly at Ta'Larin, his wits shaken by the hostile khajiit. Cal'vern sighed as he tiredly motioned towards the man, "This man has a job for one of us, children of the moon. He had come to the caravan that I now travel with, to seek one of us who worked as mercenaries. None of us do in the caravan, but I had remembered seeing you in the city, cursed child, and so I have guided him to you to see if you were ."

Ta'Larin nodded at the explanation. She turned her attention away from her fellow khajiit, to stare directly at the man, who was still sputtering unhelpful at Ta'Larin. "So, what's the job?"

The man coughed, getting his thoughts in order. "Right. There has been talk of the Dragonborn, well, there has been talk of there being two of them, actually. The people I represent would like to confirm if this is true. If it is, then we would like to get your help in getting into their good graces, so we wish for you to travel with them. On the other hand, if you find that one of them is lying, we would like the pretender to... disappear forever." The man nodded as he finished his explanation. Cal'vern had left as soon as the man had begun speaking.

Ta'Larin turned from the man, thinking his job over. She went over all of her options before she turned back to the man. "I'll do your job. I'll expect some pay up front, and you'll be paying the amount I usually want for taking someone out from the shadows, no matter how the job turns out. I'll start tomorrow, so I'll want that money tomorrow. Meet me at the inn inside the city, I'll take the first part of my pay there. I won't start the job till I have the beginning of my pay, so the earlier you want me to start, the earlier you should be there. And you better have some information for me to start from, or I am charging extra." The man nodded and left Ta'Larin's camp. Ta'Larin dug though her bag after he left, taking out the last of her jerky to eat. Ta'Larin stared at the warm flames as she settled into her camp for the night.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeart
Admin
DarkHeart

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:27 am

"Well it looks as if we should retire for the evening." She looked up at the Dunmer's eyes, she'd found lately that looking into them helped calm her. "I assume you can take care of the room charge for the evening?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter's Night   Winter's Night - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter's Night
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next